Each year, Green Car Journal gives out their Green Car Of The Year award. For 2015, they selected 5 finalists that use different types of fuel:
- The Audi A3 TDI, powered by a 2 litre diesel engine
- The BMW i3, which can be recharged by a wall outlet and has an optional small generator for more range
- The Chevrolet Impala Bi-Fuel, able to run on either natural gas or regular gasoline
- The Honda Fit, running on good old gasoline and still seeing fuel economy as low as 5.7 L/100 km on the highway
- The Volkswagen Golf, which has multiple powerplant options: diesel, gasoline, electric…
The magazine will evaluate these vehicles based on their fuel consumption, their CO2 footprint, their technological achievements and various other environment-related points, and will announce a winner at the Los Angeles Auto Show on November 21st.