New PZEV Model Joins Powerful, Well-Equipped Forester Lineup
Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today announced pricing for the 2010 Forester, including the new PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) that joins the award-winning Forester lineup for the new model year. The Forester PZEV joins the Legacy and Outback PZEV models in providing drivers with a way to enjoy the power and confidence of Subaru's Symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive vehicles while significantly reducing emissions.
For 2010, drivers may select from a range of critically acclaimed Forester models:
- The 170-horsepower Forester 2.5X, with a host of exceptional features including heated seats and Subaru's advanced Vehicle Dynamics Contro electronic stability system, is available with either a 5-speed manual transmission ($25,995) or a 4EAT electronically controlled automatic transmission with SPORTSHIFT ($27,095).
- The new Forester PZEV meets the Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle tailpipe emission standard (SULEV) and eliminates fuel-system evaporative emissions. Compared to an average new vehicle, Subaru PZEV vehicles have 90 percent cleaner emissions. The Forester PZEV with 4EAT SPORTSHIFT transmission, will retail for $28,095.
- The 2010 Forester 2.5X may also be equipped with a Touring Package. Pricing for this exceptional model is $28,695 with the 5MT transmission and $29,795 with the SPORTSHIFT 4EAT.
- The 2.5X Touring Package may be further enhanced with a Limited option package ($32,795) and a new Multimedia option ($34,795) that includes a navigation system.
- At the top of the range is the turbocharged/intercooled 224 horsepower Forester 2.5XT Limited ($35,295). The Forester 2.5XT Limited may also be fitted with the Multimedia option ($37,295).
"Forester is the ideal vehicle for people with an active lifestyle, thanks to a comfortable, intelligently designed interior, fun-to-drive performance, and exceptional active and passive safety," said Katsuhiro Yokoyama, president and CEO of SCI. "That's why the 3rd generation Forester was named the Best New SUV/CUV under $35,000, by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada. It was also named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety after the introduction of their new rollover tests. In other words, Forester is as safe as it is comfortable and fun to drive."
Like every Subaru, Forester is equipped with Symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive. And, like every generation of Forester, the third generation blends positive SUV attributes, including a high seating point and interior versatility, with passenger car comfort, handling and fuel efficiency in an exceptionally well-equipped package.
Forester models have been consistent safety leaders, achieving the highest ratings in both National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) tests. Subaru engineered the 2010 Forester so that it would continue to achieve these outstanding ratings, building it around the company's proven Ring Shaped Reinforcement Frame safety structure.
All Forester models also feature standard side-curtain airbags and a rollover sensor, and Subaru's advanced Vehicle Dynamics Control stability and traction control system is standard across the range. Using the Subaru Dynamic Chassis Control Concept (Subaru DC(3)), Subaru optimized all elements of the Forester's chassis to deliver the things important to SUV buyers: greater safety, security, stability, ride height and cargo capacity in addition to a cutting edge interior and exterior. Manual-transmission models also feature the Hill Holder System, which momentarily prevents the vehicle from rolling backward when starting on an incline.