Buick for the second consecutive year has been presented with the EyesOn Design Award for design excellence on a concept vehicle, this time for its work on the Avista Concept.
The award, one of eight presented each year at the Detroit auto show, comes a year after Buick was bestowed the same honour for the Avenir Concept.
"Design has always played a large role in Buick's rich history and recent success," Buick's executive director of design, Bryan Nesbitt, said in a statement.
"The Avista Concept has been a labour of love by the team of designers, sculptors, engineers and talented craftspeople ... who created this beautiful statement of Buick design."
Other 2016 EyesOn Design Award winners include:
- Design Excellence—Production Car: 2017 Lexus LC 500
- Design Excellence—Concept Truck: Audi h-tron Quattro
- Design Excellence—Production Truck: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
- Design Excellence—Interior Design: 2017 Lexus LC 500
- Design Excellence—Human-Machine Interface: 2017 Volvo S90
- Innovative Use of Colour, Graphics or Materials: Acura Precision Concept