The Nissan Micra Cup's second season is set to get underway this weekend at Calabogie Motorsports Park, marking the series' first foray outside of Quebec.
The two-race event at the track southwest of Ottawa kicks off a season that includes three race weekends in Ontario and another five in Quebec.
The entire 2016 Micra Cup calendar includes:
- May 13-15: Calabogie Motorsports Park, Ontario
- May 27-29: Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Quebec
- June 19: Autodrome St-Eustache, Quebec
- July 8-10: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Ontario
- July 22-24: Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Quebec
- August 12-14: Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres, Quebec
- September 2-4: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Ontario
- September 23-25: Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Quebec
Mandatory events for points in the 2016 championship are: St-Eustache; both Canadian Tire Motorsport Park weekends; the July Mont-Tremblant weekend; and the Trois-Rivieres weekend.
Nissan says 23 drivers are registered to race at Calabogie despite not being one of five mandatory events of the season.
The scoring methodology for the 2016 seasons will see drivers who participate in all five mandatory events have the scores from their best 12 results taken into consideration, while those who participate in four mandatory weekends will have the scores from their best 11 results used to calculate their final scores of the season.
Those who participate in only three mandatory weekends will have only their 10 best results taken into consideration.