Chevrolet is once again changing the face of its muscle car. In what sure looks like a direct response to widespread criticism of the 2019 facelift, the company has revised the front-end appearance of the Camaro SS for 2020.
The new look is based on the Shock Yellow car that debuted last fall at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The bowtie emblem was repositioned in the upper grille and the controversial black bar between the upper and lower grilles is now body-coloured. The somewhat polarizing headlights remain unchanged, however.
- Also: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Turbo 1LE: a New Camaro on the Track
- Also: Chevrolet Could Change the Camaro's Face, Again
Of course, we could debate the Camaro’s styling for hours. The more significant change for 2020 is the addition of a new 455-horsepower LT1 model that will become the most affordable choice for V8 performance in the Camaro lineup, Chevrolet says. The Canadian MSRP has yet to be announced, though.
Offered in both coupe and convertible variants, the Camaro LT1 uses a standard six-speed manual transmission or an available 10-speed automatic. It also features the vented hood from the SS, LT1 fender badges and black bowtie emblems, 20-inch SS-style wheels and all-season tires instead of summer performance tires.
Meanwhile, the available Technology Package includes Chevrolet’s infotainment system with an eight-inch colour touchscreen and Bose premium audio system.
The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro also gets these equipment updates:
- 10-speed automatic transmission now optional with the 3.6L V6
- New Rally Green exterior colour
- Rear spoiler available on LS and LT models
- Dark-tinted taillamps available on LS and LT models
- 20-inch forged aluminum wheels available on LT, LT1 and SS models
- Red or orange brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models
- Red seat belts and alloy pedals available on all models (previously ZL1 only)
- RECARO performance seats available on LT models
- Sueded microfiber steering wheel and shift knob available on LT and SS models
- Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White leather interiors now available on 2LT models
- 3LT now comes standard with the 2.0-litre turbo engine and the Convenience and Lighting package.
The refreshed 2020 Chevrolet Camaro will go on sale early this fall.