Hyundai’s Santa Fe crossover enters 2019 as a nearly all-new vehicle. If you’re shopping for a midsize crossover, make sure you look into this value leader.
We’ve written a full review of the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe, so make sure you read up on it. A new vehicle purchase is a big deal and should not be taken lightly.
- Also: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe: Standing Out Through Styling
- Also: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe: Loaded, Handsome and Affordable
In order to expedite your decision-making process, however, we’ve selected the ten most important aspects of the new Santa Fe that we think you need to know about.
- It is built on a new platform that is lighter and stiffer than before.
- This new platform has allowed Hyundai engineers to upgrade suspension and steering for a more rewarding driving experience.
- Pricing has scarcely increased from 2018 to 2019 despite all the improvements, both mechanical and technological.
- Hyundai is aiming to disrupt the design status quo with a new shocking design philosophy.
- Powertrain selections are unchanged from 2018, with the exception of a 5-hp loss for the 2.0T engine.
- New eight-speed automatic. It is a smooth operator, but does not improve acceleration or fuel economy.
- Full battery of passive and active safety features available from the lowest trim.
- HTRAC AWD is borrowed from the Genesis brand and can transfer power from 100/0 to 50/50 according to driving conditions.
- New trim levels: Essential, Preferred, Luxury and Ultimate.
- A diesel engine option is still in the works, but unlikely to be offered anytime soon.