Trois-Rivieres (Quebec, Canada), May 18, 2017 – On May 21st, Louis-Philippe Dumoulin will take part in the first event of the 2017 season in NASCAR Pinty’s on the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park circuit (Bowmanville, Ontario). Being a four-time podium holder, including two in first place, and with seven top-5 performances on this track, it goes without saying that the WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare team is aiming high for its sixth year of partnership with WeatherTech Canada.
Following last week’s announcement of the 2-year partnership renewal with WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare, Louis-Philippe Dumoulin is eager to hit the track once again.
- Also: Louis-Philippe Dumoulin Finishes His Season In The Top-5
- Also: JF Dumoulin On-Track For The First Event Of The 2017 Season Nascar
“It’s always exciting to start a new season with a partnership of this extent. Every year and at every race, we show up with great motivation. Nothing is left to chance and nothing is taken for granted. We want to have a strong start and we know that we can perform just as we did in the past”, shares the NASCAR Canada series’ 2014 champion.
Having once again again teamed up with renowned crew chief Bill Burns, 2017 will mark the second year of internal car prep for Dumoulin Competition. Wintertime was dedicated to developing various improvements for the car. The trials on May 3rd were convincing, and the #47 WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare team is very excited to start the season on a strong note. “The team is passionate and has invested a lot of expertise in the performance of our cars this winter. We’re really excited to show it off on the track and fight for the championship title throughout the season.
- The weekend schedule can be found below and at http://hometracks.nascar.com/racedayschedule/nps-ctmp-52117schedule
- Follow the race online at http://hometracks.nascar.com/racedayschedule/nps-ctmp-52117-schedule
WeatherTech Canada designs, develops and produces high quality, digitally custom fit automotive accessories; including FloorLiners, All-Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, TechLiners and No-Drill Mudflaps. Engineers use the newest technology available to measure the geometric complexity of the vehicle ensuring a constantly perfect fit. WeatherTech… Where Technology and All Weather Protection meet!
Groupe Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare's innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! groupebellemare.com
WEBSITES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Meet Louis-Philippe Dumoulin atweathertech.ca weathertech.ca
- WeatherTech Canada : weathertech.ca/behindtech
- Groupe Bellemare : groupebellemare.com
- Canadian Tire Motorsport Park : canadiantiremotorsportpark.com
- Dumoulin Compétition : dumoulincompetition.com
- Série NASCAR Pinty’s : hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @DumoulinLP / @jf_dumoulin
- Youtube : youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
- Jessica Ménard, Ph.D., Les Équipes Caissie-Ménard inc., email@example.com, 819 4486514 (voicemail)
- Me Paul Corbeil, Certified Agent, PARAPHE sports-management, 819 696-2768 (voicemail)
Summary – Highlights in Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s career
- In 2016, he finished exequo with the fourth position of the NASCAR Pinty's Series (4 podiums and six top-5 in 12 events).
- In 2015, he finishes the NASCAR Pinty’s championship in fourth place (2 podiums and six top-5s in eleven events.)
- 2014 champion of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: 5 podiums and 2 victories, as well as 9 top-5s in eleven events. It is the first time that a team made up entirely of Quebecers wins this championship. (Prep. team: King Autosport, managed by Martin Roy).
- Won the Gilles Villeneuve Trophy in 2014 and 2001. This trophy symbolizes the fighting spirit and on-track excellence of a Quebec-native driver throughout the season that just ended. LP Dumoulin is the first driver to win this trophy twice in their career.
- Won, in 2013, the only Ontarian event to this day made up of an all-Quebecer podium (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – NCATS series);
- The only Canadian who climbed on the podium in 2012 during the prestigious event of the 12 hours of Sebring (2nd place - American Le Mans Series - GT3 Cup – WeatherTech Racing Team); ? Won the title of rookie of the year in 2011 in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series despite having only participated in 8 races out of 13 (scoring four top-10s and two top-5s);
- Crowned Canadian champion in Formula Ford 1600 in 2002;
- He still owns the record in Formule Ford 1600 for the highest amount of victories and pole positions in one season (2002).