Trois-Rivières (Quebec, Canada), April 6, 2017 – Spectra Premium engineers and Dumoulin Compétition took to the track for the first time with the NSCR100 high-performance radiator at the Sebring International Raceway on March 25-26, 2017. With the NSCR1001 radiator installed in the #04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau / Groupe Bellemare / MIA car, the teams were able to further refine the product to maximize radiator’s efficiency and design. In fact, the NSCR100 radiator’s engine and oil cooling far exceeded expectations during testing and set the stage for additional enhancements in future.
Weather and track conditions provided the perfect extreme environment for testing of the high-performance NSCR100 radiator. Sebring International Raceway, renowned for its uneven pavement, represents a difficult ontrack challenge for race cars. The unusually hot weather also added to the mix with sweltering heat and humidity of more than 30 degrees Celsius.
“After only the first few laps, we knew that we could expect positive results from the testing session,” commented Spectra Premium ambassador, Jean-François Dumoulin enthusiastically. “Spectra Premium develops and manufactures superior-quality products. The NSRC100 represents the first time, however, that they have designed and conceived a radiator specifically for race cars. Even on a challenging track like Sebring, the difference was undeniable and we are all very optimistic about what the future holds.”
The NSCR100 radiator is more compact and lightweight than existing products, and it cooled the engine and oil more efficiently in unusually hot conditions. A second radiator that was mounted in the vehicle and tested to confirm the integrity of the first set of results, allowed the Dumoulin Compétition team to corroborate the ease and rapidity of installation.
“The remarkable results of this first test and the significant amount of data collected provides us with the opportunity to implement potential design optimization to meet the specific needs of the NASCAR Pinty’s series,” noted Serge Guénette, VP, Manufacturing Operations, Spectra Premium. “This brings us one step closer to being in a position to supply radiators to other racing series as well. Our thanks and appreciation go out to the Dumoulin Compétition team for their trust and support.”
“As a chassis builder, I searched high and low for the illusive ideal radiator, one that fit and mounted well in the vehicle, thereby providing optimal cooling to the engine. Today, I am so pleased to say that I have found it in the NSCR100,” said Robin McCluskey, Crew Chief, of the #04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau / Groupe Bellemare / MIA car. “In only a short time after initial discussions, Spectra Premium engineers produced what I had imagined for so many years. The NSCR100 radiator’s size and design makes for an exceptional fit, with quick and secure hook up and fastening to the engine block. This simplifies on-track changes that may result from contact during race events. I am pleased to say that the NSCR100 performed above expectations during the recent testing, cooling the engine even more than needed in extreme heat and demonstrating perfect rigidity and mounting to successfully manage the bumpy surface of the track.”
The #04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau / Groupe Bellemare / MIA car performed well on-track and JeanFrançois Dumoulin is eager to get testing underway in Quebec and Ontario. “We’ve made adjustments to the front suspension and braking system, and everything went smoothly,” shared the Spectra Premium ambassador, JeanFrancois Dumoulin.
**Get real time results from our next test session by following us on social media.
The main characteristics of the nscr100 radiator:
- Full aluminum radiator, using optimal balanced material thickness to minimize weight.
- Heavy gauge tubes for increased durability.
- Reinforced first rows of tubes to increase mechanical resistance without compromising coolant flow.
- The oil cooler, also made of aluminum, is incorporated in the radiator’s tank, eliminating any additional weight, as well as extra hoses and connections, which frees up space under the hood of the car.
- The design includes anchor points, which allow for installation and removal of the radiator in a faster and more efficient way (special tools are no longer necessary) all while allowing inclination of the radiator in the desired angle for optimized air flow.
- Robust installation of the radiator on the shroud, using quick connectors as used in planes and high-performance race cars.
- Integrated lightweight fan brackets allowing a secure and robust installation of a wide range of electric fans with minimal airflow restriction.
- A standard threaded insert system for quick and reliable fan installation.
- A universal connection inlet port offering painless customization of the coolant hose circuit, based on each racing team’s needs.
- Radiator vent relocation to avoid damages in the event of a light frontal collision.
Spectra Premium Industries is a privately held company headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. Spectra Premium is a team of more than 1,300 dedicated employees that specializes in auto parts manufacturing and distribution. The Company owns and operates four manufacturing plants and 17 warehouses. With its international distribution networks and unparalleled customer and after sales service, Spectra Premium is the automobile manufacturers’, auto technicians’ and handymen’s choice for reliable, quality parts and automotive systems. Trust your vehicle to Spectra Premium (spectrapremium.com).
Bernier Crepeau Chrysler Fiat: With 25 years of experience, the family business has built an enviable reputation in the field of vehicle acquisition. If the future of this company is linked to the loyalty of its customers, it is also held by the reliability and strong communication of its team. This team is at your disposal, ready to listen to you, to hear you. Passion, care, and determination. A team willing to go the extra mile, with its ears wide open (berniercrepeau.com).
Group Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare's innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! (groupebellemare.com).
MIA – Motorsports In Action: With over 50 syears of combined Motorsport experience, MIA is making a name for itself in the industry in “La Belle Province”. Being trackside, situated at Autodrome St-Eustache, gives our clients “real time” results, testing their vehicles. One stop shopping is our strength, from high-end mechanics, exotic automotive maintenance, complete race car building and design to prestige paint and meticulous detailing. “Leave it, then enjoy it!” (motorsportsinaction.com).
Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi is proud to be one of the first Mitsubishi dealers in Canada (opening in 2002). The commitment from Mitsubishi is defined by the quality, reliability and durability of its vehicles, notably with their 10-year warranty, the best in the industry! Pride, integrity and respect are the values of the Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi team (troisrivieresmitsubishi.com).
Feats and highlights Jean-François Dumoulin
- First podium in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series on May 17, 2015 (3rd place – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)
- The first Quebec-born driver to win twice the Rolex 24 in Daytona; 2004 (SGS and 2007 (GT).
- Caught the attention of the renowned Player's Driver Development Program scout (Formula Ford and Formula Atlantic), became one of the youngest drivers ever to be recruited, and was touted as a strong contender for the championship title in Formula Ford (1996 and 1997 seasons).
- Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge GS, USA in 2003 (9 podiums).
- Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sport Car Challenge ST, USA in 2002 (5 podiums).
- In Montreal's 2009 edition of Nascar Nationwide, he finished his first race in 7th position aboard a badly damaged car and won the hearts of numerous fans and reporters.
- In 2000, he was the Motorola Cup Series Vice-Champion, during a season that included a 1st place podium finish after having begun the race in 52nd position at theMolson Indy event in Ontario, Canada.
- Spectra Premium Industries: spectrapremium.com
- Bernier Crépeau Chrysler Fiat: berniercrepeau.com
- Groupe Bellemare: groupebellemare.com
- MIA - Motorsports In Action: motorsportsinaction.com
- Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi: troisrivieresmitsubishi.com
- Sebring International Raceway: sebringraceway.com
- Dumoulin Compétition: dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @jf_dumoulin / @DumoulinLP
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Media Contacts: Jessica Ménard, Ph.D., Les Équipes Caissie-Ménard inc., mailto:email@example.com, 819.448.6514 (rép.) Me Paul Corbeil, Agent Certifié NHLPA Certified Agent, PARAPHE sports-management, 819.696.2768 (rép.)