The Cadillac CTS-V was introduced 12 years ago. It is Cadillac's highest-performance car, and for 2016 it gets a thorough going over. The claim attached to the new V-car is that it is "the most powerful product in the brand's 112-year history."
Just how powerful would that be? Try 640 horsepower and 630 lb.-ft. of torque. Yes, that is powerful. We have been invited to Road America, a racetrack near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, to drive this new Cadillac this week. That power is produced by a 6.2-litre, supercharged V8, which includes cylinder deactivation to reduce fuel consumption the highway.
- Also: 2014 Cadillac CTS: All The Right Moves
- Also: Want To Have The Fastest Cadillac CTS-V On The Block?
A few track-oriented features include a carbon-fibre hood, big Brembo brakes, third-generation Magnetic Ride suspension, and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
We're going to find out just how serious this pavement burner will be this week, so stay tuned for the complete review of the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V.
- More about the 2016 Cadillac CTS
- Video: Two minute test drive of the Cadillac CTS V-Sport
- Meet the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V