The Lexus CT 200h is the world’s first luxury hybrid sportback. Featuring agile handling and performance, a starting price of $30,950 (which is the same as the 2011), luxurious design, driver-focused interior, and the best fuel efficiency of any luxury vehicle in Canada. And new for 2012, a special F-Sport package inspired by the LFA and ISF will present Canadians with endless moments of fun.
Highlights for 2012
• Available F-Sport Package, including front and rear performance dampers, distinctive steering wheel, 17” alloy wheels, leather seat surfaces, spoiler, grille, scuff plates, interior trim and pedals;
• Available in the Touring, Premium and F-Sport Package, an additional storage compartment and 12-volt power supply have been added.
“The CT 200h responds to the demands of a new luxury customer – one who is urban aware and desires road-hugging performance and class-leading fuel-efficiency, plus all the rewards of a luxury vehicle that suits their modern lifestyle,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “This year, we’ve taken the world’s first luxury hybrid sportback to the next level. The available F-Sport package enhances the performance of the CT 200h while adding distinctive styling cues that speak to this advanced hybrid’s fun to drive character.”
Power and performance
The 2012 Lexus CT 200h is built around the proven Lexus Hybrid Drive, specifically tailored to a sporty compact configuration to deliver performance and efficiency without compromise. The CT 200h’s hybrid system is built around an efficient 1.8 L Atkinson Cycle in-line four-cylinder gasoline engine featuring Variable Valve Timing with intelligence on the exhaust cam (VVT-i), and an Exhaust Heat Recovery System.
This engine is seamlessly integrated with a high-torque electric motor, a powerful hybrid storage battery and sophisticated power management system. Working in concert and connected to a continuously variable automatic transmission, they generate 134 net horsepower along with remarkable fuel efficiency: just 4.6 L/100 KM city/highway combined. The Lexus Hybrid Drive may be operated in four driver-selectable modes (Sport, Normal, ECO and EV) and significantly lowers smog-forming emissions, giving the CT 200h a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and Control
Lexus CT 200h drivers will delight in this hybrid sportback’s agile handling, coupled with its smooth acceleration and optimized ride comfort – characteristics that make it ideal for day trips and daily commutes.
The CT 200h’s front independent suspension system features Macpherson gas struts, coil springs and a stabilizer bar, optimized to enhance handling and ride comfort, while the double-wishbone rear suspension with stabilizer bar provides exceptional agility and control in a compact, lightweight design that doesn’t cramp the cargo area.
From its impact absorbing structure to its advanced active and passive safety systems, every 2012 Lexus CT 200h is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect occupants if an incident occurs, offering peace of mind to drivers and passengers:
• All CT 200h models are standard equipped with Lexus active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. These include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), the Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) enhancements, and Smart Stop Technology (SST);
• The CT 200h now comes standard with the Vehicle Proximity Notification System. The system produces sound to make hybrids travelling in electric mode more easily detectable to pedestrians. It operates at speeds below approximately 25 km/h. The intensity of the sound is about the same as that of a gasoline powered vehicle, and the pitch will increase as the hybrid speeds up.
• As a Lexus hybrid, the CT 200h also features an integrated regenerative braking system that captures energy during the braking process and uses it to recharge the hybrid system’s battery;
• The CT 200h surrounds driver and passengers with eight airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags;
• A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident;
• Front ventilated disc and rear disc brakes;
• All-position three point lap and shoulder belts plus pretensioners and force limiters for the front seats;
• Active front headrests with whiplash protection;
• Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks;
• An on-board first-aid kit;
• A direct tire pressure monitoring system;
• And more.
The CT 200h features an advanced interior that is comfortable, functional and luxurious, sporting a generous suite of convenience and style features, including:
• A six-speaker audio system featuring AM/FM stereo/CD with MP3 audio capability; a USB audio input and auxiliary audio input jack; Bluetooth capability; Integrated XM Satellite Radio; eco-friendly bamboo/charcoal speakers; and steering wheel-mounted audio and Bluetooth controls;
• Dual-zone automatic climate control with dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
• Seating for five adults: eco-friendly NuLuxe seat surfaces; heated front seats; an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat and four-way adjustable front passenger seat; and a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with foldable headrests on the outer seating positions;
• Power door locks with key lockout protection and the Lexus Smart Key system with Push Button Start;
• Power windows with auto up/down function on all windows; window jam protection; and UV glass protection;
• A full suite of advanced instrumentation, including: A multi-information display; ECO indicator; tachometer; cruise control; and more;
• Thoughtful in-cabin storage including: front seatback pockets; front door integrated bottle holders; rear seat coat hooks; overhead sunglass storage; and front cup-holders;
• An advanced interior featuring a leather-wrapped steering wheel on a tilting/telescoping column and metallic shift knob with leather;
• Retained accessory power;
• An anti-theft system with engine immobilizer;
• A sophisticated exterior design, featuring: 16” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; rear spoiler; and Lexus hybrid blue badging;
•Power adjustable, heated dual exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps;
• Projector style headlamps; LED daytime running lights; fog lamps;
• Variable intermittent wipers and a front windshield de-icer;
• And more.
The 2012 Lexus CT 200h may be ordered with one of four upgrade packages to add comfort, convenience and luxury features;
The Touring Package adds: larger, 17” aluminum alloy wheels; and a power moon roof;
The Premium Package builds on the Touring Packing, adding: a 10-speaker audio system with six-disc CD changer; an integrated garage door opener; leather seat surfaces and a driver seat memory system with exterior mirrors linked to the memory system; rain-sensing wipers; auto-dimming and reverse auto-tilting functions for the side-view mirrors; an auto-dimming rear-view mirror with integrated back-up camera and compass;
The Technology Package builds on the Premium Package with the addition of: A voice activated hard disc-based navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch haptic controller and back-up camera in navigation display; and LED headlamps with headlamp washers;
The F-Sport Package – new for 2012 – also builds on the Premium Package, adding: Front and rear performance dampers; unique F-Sport 17” alloy wheels; aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts; a three-spoke F-Sport steering wheel; F-Sport scuff plates; metal-look interior trim; F-Sport grille; F-Sport rear spoiler; premium leather F-Sport seats; and F-Sport badging.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Lexus CT 200h is now on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $30,950.