Although the dust has yet to settle around the deal that will see Porsche become a direct subsidiary of Volkswagen, it would appear that those mere formalities won't stop the German giant from kickstarting the partnership. According to Volkswagen, their Osnabrück plant will soon be sharing its Golf Cabrio assembly line with Caymans and Boxsters production shortly, as the plant is earmarked for overflow production of the wildly successful entry level Porsche sports cars. Just the first step in what is sure to be a long and interesting integration plan, it's just another move that brings what was one of the world's last independent sports car manufacturers closer to subsidiary-dom.
- 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Low on Excitement, High on Dependability
- 2017 GMC Yukon Denali: Escalade Lite
- LP Dumoulin To Kickoff His Sixth Full Season This Weekend
- FCA to Dealers: Don’t Take Deposits on Dodge Demons Yet
- Plug'n Drive launches the world's first Electric Vehicle Discovery Centre in Toronto